Skip to main content

Our Residing story continues

We are NEW Here !

Everything is new to us. 
As you know friends that we had been shifted to a new city and you also came to know about our flat owner,  his family and our neighbors.  This has been told in my post Journey to the new city As we have come here we have to face few new problems as a newcomer. Here is a list of some problems that we have to face with  :
               
Everything  is new .

       The people,  the area, the surroundings, the market , the shop owners , the flat itself and the lack of some common facilities in the flat , etc.  As everything is new , one has to read everything carefully.  Even you have to guess and judge the people coming into your contact. This is the most difficult and testing time for every newcomer in any new area. So you have to study , experience and implement as per the situations.

                         2. Locality and its mentality .

                  You have to see your surroundings very carefully.  Few things are very crucial like how is your own flatowner and his family, how are your immediate neighbors, how is the tendency of that area as a whole etc. You have to maintain good relations with almost everyone,  at least during your first few months tenure and you have to strengthen them in coming years . You have to find , meet and deal with the different people who give daily service or to whom you are going to see almost every day.  You have to purchase a milk bag daily . This must be your priority in every morning.  You have to go to bazar and purchase your immediate requirements which you must have daily at your hand . For example, cleaning tools . In fact, the very first thing you must have in your hand after entering in your flat is broom. You have to clean your flat first to use it ! You require sanitaters to clean the floor , the toilet and so on. These are basic items and without them you can be in big trouble. So you have to visit different shops and deal with the shop owners and even the staff in the shops. So we have to start carefully here in this new place.

             3. The Flat itself :

            Luckily enough we have got nice flat owner.  The rent is good and also the family is also very nice. After fulfilling the preliminary things with the flat owner,  we opened the door and entered into the flat. There are three sections in this flat. The combined Hall and kitchen , bedroom and the toilet.  The kitchen ota is not so good while the bed room is OK. The toilet is Indian. We have camod at our home,  but we have to adjust here ! In the kitchen,  the most important thing is a cooking gas.  We have run after that ! Otherwise,  we have to go to hotels for breakfast, lunch and dinner until we get the cooking gas ! Of course,  this happened as we get the cooking gas after a week.  Our neighbor Mr.  Vilas Raut who has been consistently helping since our arrival,  has once again helped us to get the cooking gas. So after a week we cooked in our kitchen!

              4. Furniture and equipments :

                  It was an empty flat. Someone was leaving there before us. But we did not find any sign of his or her living.  There was no furniture. Even there was no mat to sit down or to lay down ! There was no ceiling  fan ! The shops were away and we had no vehicle. Vilas Raut gave his mat and table fan to us until we could purchase both items.  Here again,  Vilas took me on his bike and we brought a table fan from the market at two kms away  . We brought mat from the nearest city three kms away.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOURNEY TO THE NEW CITY

                      Generally, there should not be any transfer after retirement . But in a particular way , I have one ! I retired from the Government service before a year. During this period I was at home. Relaxed ! Relaxed , as there would not be any transfer . While in service, the fear of transfer was in mind after every sixth year . In every January , the higher authorities were asking the information regarding the transfers. This year I had no such fear at all ! In fact, I had nothing to do with this ! Ha, ha, ha , I was enjoying it this year ! So I was damn relaxed ! But to my surprise , I had to leave my home town and move to another city. 350 kms away ! The 350 kms are also too much for a person who does not like transfer ! I had to move there in February but the preparations were started in January, exactly in the month of calling information of transferable persons in the service. So I felt like I am still in service and transferred again ! It was again the January

Every family has a story

Friends,   every family has a story. I know friends that you love your family.   You know many things about your family.  You tell few things about your family and you don't tell few things about your family . Everybody does this.  We all have special place in our mind for our families . Every family has a story.  My family has it too !   I am going to tell you many things about my family because they are the part of dehdays   ! Let's start from my grandfather.  My Grandfather :             Everybody is not lucky to see his or her grandparents.  I am half lucky . I could see my grandmother.  I couldn't see my grandfather, but I came to know from my grandmother about him.  I can't go beyond my grandfather as I don't know about the previous generations or I am not able to recollect that information if my grandmother had told me. My grandfather was a cotton mill worker in Mumbai.  I am telling you friends about my grandfather especially because he had a very strange h

Please tell the world

Please tell the world  Man thinks , but... Man thinks one way, happens another. I have experienced it many times. What dreams I had seen when I was a boy ! I planted a coin under the mud and waited for the money tree . The money tree was never there , but my parents were angry with me when they came to know my plan ! This was the starting. I think many of us do have the same experience. Like this , I have tried to plan one thing and resulted in something else. I planned to go to ITI to take practical industrial training to become an industrialist but could managed to go to college to get only learning the books. Again , I wanted to go to Arts faculty and actually I was admitted in Commerce faculty , because my mother wanted as my elder cousin was a commerce student ! So I completed my graduation in Commerce. I again wanted to be a businessman, but considering the conditions, instead of that I had to go after the job search ! Then job search started. I gave many interviews,