Skip to main content

The golden period of my life

The Golden days of my life :

                Those were the golden days of my life. My high school days. My lovely high school days. Really, really beautiful days. I was a village boy. My high school – New English School, Jaitapur - was also situated in a village. It was established in 1902. I was borned in 1960. I was there because my father was in service in the same village. I was very fond of my father. I went where he was. My mother was in another village from where I came. My father's mother was with us. I was very fond of her too ! In my high school education, I got nice teachers and also my classmates were very nice. Satish, Sai, Uday and I were very close friends. Now Satish and Sai are in Mumbai and Uday is somewhere in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra State in India.


                 I can't remember the first day there. But, as I continued, I went on to like the village as well as the high school building, which was built in E shape. In my primary school days, I was a shy boy. In high school, I was slightly improved. Sometimes I went on to even lead the students ! In the eighth standard, satish's father, who was one of the teachers in the high school, taught us how to read poems. Since that day I liked poems. Not even poems, but I started to read every prose which came across me. Shankar tatya, one of our neighbour, shown me how to read the newspapers. He told me that the most important part of newspaper is its editorial and it must be read first. Because of him I started to read newspapers like Maharashtra Times and Loksatta, in eighth standard.


               At that time Mr. Ashok Jain was writing (probably "delhi vartapatra") in Maharashtra Times (one of the leading newspapers in Marathi language). I liked his articles most. In nineth standard, Sai's father whom we called as Aaba, gave me his prescription pad. He was a doctor. He was very nice to us . The prescription pad consists of many pink colored pages, which I liked most. One night, after finishing homework, I started to write on those pink pages. I wrote on Nature. That was my first article. I named it Nisargache Avalokan (Observation of the Nature). In the nineth standard, I wrote my first poem which I can't remember now. But it was on a beautiful girl walking on a road in the afternoon heat. I was under shadow in a well covered boat near the bank of a creek. In fact, I was reading Geography book. I felt the heat under which the girl was walking and I was in a shadow. I felt the difference between our situations. This difference was the subject of my first poem. It gave birth to the poem and me as a poet ! Later on, I went on to write many poems, most of them on social subjects. But the roots of writing were in those golden high school days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOURNEY TO THE NEW CITY

                      Generally, there should not be any transfer after retirement . But in a particular way , I have one ! I retired from the Government service before a year. During this period I was at home. Relaxed ! Relaxed , as there would not be any transfer . While in service, the fear of transfer was in mind after every sixth year . In every January , the higher authorities were asking the information regarding the transfers. This year I had no such fear at all ! In fact, I had nothing to do with this ! Ha, ha, ha , I was enjoying it this year ! So I was damn relaxed ! But to my surprise , I had to leave my home town and move to another city. 350 kms away ! The 350 kms are also too much for a person who does not like transfer ! I had to move there in February but the preparations were started in January, exactly in the month of calling information of transferable persons in the service. So I felt like I am still in service and transferred again ! It was again the January

Every family has a story

Friends,   every family has a story. I know friends that you love your family.   You know many things about your family.  You tell few things about your family and you don't tell few things about your family . Everybody does this.  We all have special place in our mind for our families . Every family has a story.  My family has it too !   I am going to tell you many things about my family because they are the part of dehdays   ! Let's start from my grandfather.  My Grandfather :             Everybody is not lucky to see his or her grandparents.  I am half lucky . I could see my grandmother.  I couldn't see my grandfather, but I came to know from my grandmother about him.  I can't go beyond my grandfather as I don't know about the previous generations or I am not able to recollect that information if my grandmother had told me. My grandfather was a cotton mill worker in Mumbai.  I am telling you friends about my grandfather especially because he had a very strange h

Please tell the world

Please tell the world  Man thinks , but... Man thinks one way, happens another. I have experienced it many times. What dreams I had seen when I was a boy ! I planted a coin under the mud and waited for the money tree . The money tree was never there , but my parents were angry with me when they came to know my plan ! This was the starting. I think many of us do have the same experience. Like this , I have tried to plan one thing and resulted in something else. I planned to go to ITI to take practical industrial training to become an industrialist but could managed to go to college to get only learning the books. Again , I wanted to go to Arts faculty and actually I was admitted in Commerce faculty , because my mother wanted as my elder cousin was a commerce student ! So I completed my graduation in Commerce. I again wanted to be a businessman, but considering the conditions, instead of that I had to go after the job search ! Then job search started. I gave many interviews,